Wednesday 26 February 2014

A day in the life of HighQ: Head of Operations EMEA

In the first of a new series of blog posts revealing how we at HighQ use our own system, Sebastiaan Bos, our Head of Operations EMEA, tells us how he uses HighQ Collaborate to stay in touch with our global team and the clients he works with most closely.
I am based in HighQ’s Netherlands office in Amsterdam (Schiphol-Rijk). From the Dutch office we work together with the all global regions: London, India, Australia and the USA, and on a daily basis I stay in contact with them through HighQ Collaborate.
As we’re such a global company it’s really important that we stay in constant communication, otherwise it’s easy to get left behind. Collaborate helps us to become “spiders in a web” as we say in Dutch – it connects each of us together within one network and when we’re all using one platform it makes our lives easier.
I spend a lot of my spare time checking the activity stream on Collaborate. I use it as a replacement for checking my inbox and catching up on the latest news and updates from our global offices. My email is reduced to client emails, and I do the rest of my internal communication through Collaborate. I interact with my colleagues largely through the activity stream, as I will read their microblogs, comment on their files or pages, and like their updates read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment